A company should consider consulting a contract packager if:
- The company is not currently equipped for packaging operations and does not plan to begin in-house packaging in the near future.
- A product is using a new packaging scheme that the company’s current manufacturing line cannot handle.
- It would be more cost-efficient to ship components to a location for packaging near a remote point of sale and distribution.
- Current in-house packaging lines are at capacity or prioritized for another product.
- The product has specific regulatory requirements.
- The product and packaging scheme is designed for a short run, and the company does not want to invest in new in-house staff and equipment.
- The hiring company is currently experiencing downsizing and does not have the personnel available to properly handle the packaging project in-house.